Friday, March 10, 2006

Corners of the Motherdom Home #1




I stole the "Corners" idea from Stephanie, as she gave me permission, but I wanted to give it a unique twist since I don't maintain my home to the same fastidious ideals as she does. Plus, since many of you are on the road to motherhood, I wanted to give you an "inside" look at the life of a mother of two. For everyone else, you can see what a wreck I am.

This is the downstairs bathroom. As you can see, it has been overtaken by everything three years old and under. Mostly. The device to the left of the toilet is Ian's potty chair made by Primo, which after trying many, is my favorite. He doesn't really need a potty chair anymore, but this just sits on top of the toilet to help him balance and he can set it up himself.

The rug sits disheveled on the floor topped with a red ribbon that was tied around a Coach bag I received last year. It's become a favorite toy of Ian's. Whatever works. There is a purple bowl sitting in there on top of the step stool. I must have carried that in there last night to keep Isabel occupied while Ian was "taking care of business". There is a t shirt lying on the floor--Ian must have decided to take his shirt off last night. Why not run around naked?

We have the strawberry softsoap foam to wash our hands because we have to entice the kids to wash their hands. I have some Purell there, too. There's a cup there because Ian insists on a drink of water after each bathroom visit. Why..I don't know?

In the trash, you'll see the CCAI newletter. Where else am I going to have time to read the agency newletter? Ha Ha Ha! I thought that was kind of funny when I was taking the picture. On the floor, I think there is my husband's Business Week, too. See? Although, he has always read in the bathroom so that isn't anthing new.

Then, there used to be kleenex and decorations on the back of the toilet in those rattan containers. Now, we just shove a spare roll of toilet paper in the kleenex box, and the jar with decorations has been tipped so many times that just those three (whatever they are) remain. Air freshner sits there too because my husband has to use that toilet every once in awhile (Bha ha ha!...are you reading this Bryan?)

Beautiful, eh?

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Excellent! I love the bowl... we also have some weird stuff in our kids' bathroom... currently I am sorting through the ten thousand or so children's books that have accumulated over the years, and the only place that they aren't in the way is in the bathroom! There are 5 large stacks of books just waiting for me to figure out what to do with them!

Kim M. said...

too funny! Congrats on DTC!!

LindaJ said...

I must say that I'm impressed, Your bathroon looks like my upstairs bathroom.(invaded by Children)
To really gross everyone out, I found what I think is a old hot dog in a drawer. With kids you will never know what you will find and where you'll find it.

At least for now aI'm saying that it's a old hot dog.......

Puddin' said...

Ha! You're so funny!

Oh, I remember my bathroom looking like that when my kids were small...I guess it's going to look like that again pretty soon isn't it?! ;-)

Gracencameronsmomy said...

You mean we don't have to clean before we do the "corners of my home" thing? I'm in!! hilarious...looks like our bathroom, all of them, why IS that?
Lisa

Stephanie said...

Hey - it's not that my house is all that clean, it's just that I only take pictures of the areas that already happen to be clean! I should probably branch out and take a picture of the inside of my bedroom closet. Now THAT would be scary!

Amanda said...

I love looking in other peoples houses!!! It's like a little obsession of mine. So..I love this post. I check out Stephanie's house every week.

Aimee said...

WOW, we share some of the same "decorating" ideas! Gotta love potty training.....not

Lisa and Tate said...

I had to laugh right out loud!!! This is how my one and only bathroom looks, sans the potty contraption, but it is just me and who uses it but ME... I have Pottery Barn and the current book next to my toilet. I need a new house that has more than one bathroom so guests can have the sparkly one and I can still have my space...

LISA