Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Doing the tag thing...

Playing the tag game. Was tagged by Stephanie.

Six weird things about me that you wouldn't know about me. Hmmmm.

(1) I was the fat, unpopular girl that ate lunch all alone in middle school and nobody picked for dodgeball in gym class. Sad, isn't it?

(2) In graduate school, I flew to Europe by myself on a whim and just hung out with whomever I met in Amsterdam and London. I did the same on a cruise. I called up on a Monday, asked what availability they had, flew to Puerto Rico and left that weekend by myself. Had a blast meeting people.

(3) I am fluent in Spanish. (well, it's gradually going downhill) My undergraduate major was in Spanish. I spent two summers studying in Mexico, and dated a Puerto Rican for a couple years. I did a research project in Chile (Santiago) for a week, as well.

(4) I used to be very afraid of flying...so much so that I would have to drink quite a bit before boarding a flight. (and you see how much I've traveled!) I've since adjusted.

(5) I grew up in the midwest (Ohio) but California will always feel like home to me. I always feel like I'm coming home when I return.

(6) I have run two marathons...but damn, they were a lot of work to train for.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dodgeball. Could there possibly be a more sadistic game out there?

Kristin said...

I retrospect, don't you feel lucky that you were passed over for dodgeball?
If your Amsterdam trip was anything like mine you were too high to actually talk to people... oops!!
Totally impressed on the marathons...

Come down to OC, we can have a Colin/Hugh/Channing marathon.

j.sterling said...

awwww- california!! :)

rubyiscoming said...

I do NOT believe #1...and I agree with Stephanie - dodgeball is evil and must be stopped. I was PETRIFIED of that damn game growing up and I had decent hand/eye coordination, played sports, etc.

Very impressed about the marathons - I can hardly do a 5k!