Monday, July 10, 2006

Back Into The Groove Of Things

Hey there, stranger! How are you doing? I have to get back into the groove of things, having taken a break and all. Glad to be back.

So, this weekend was Bryan's birthday. We did what all parents of children do for an exciting night on the town...go to a local restaurant..exciting stuff, eh? Actually, we went to The Melting Pot, which is a fondue restaurant. I had been to one before several years ago, and it seemed like more fun then. (Perhaps it was the wine last time that made it seem more fun?) This time there was no alcohol involved, and well, let's be honest...it's basically laying out a hundred bucks to cook your own food. I have to say, I enjoyed the cheese course...but dinner was a disaster. It made me feel like a child again, reminiscent of roasting wieners over an open fire. This time it was just chunks of meat and vegetables in a vat of oil. Oh, well, it was a night out without the children...that's something, right?

The adoption thing just seems ages away for me. I feel even less connected than I did a couple months ago to my child-to-be and China. Maybe it's better that way because I have a LONG time to go. My children are a handful, too. Isabel just turned one and is going to walk any day now. She is a major clinger. I feel like a gorilla carrying my small ape around. She won't let me out of her sight or her grip!

Finally, I got a writing gig at Clubmom.com. I think my blog will be up in a few weeks. They have to transfer everything to Typepad and my blog address will be forwarded, I believe. I'm looking forward to it!

Ciao for now. (Don't I sound so worldly?)

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOW, how do you get paid for writing a blog anyway? Sounds to good to be true!

Michelle said...

Yay! Glad you're back! Can't wait to see the new blog!

Kristin said...

Congrats on the Club-Mom deal.. that is AWESOME!!

Gracencameronsmomy said...

"let's be honest...it's basically laying out a hundred bucks to cook your own food" HA HA HA! I have always wanted to try that, but maybe I won't? Cool about the club mom thing...
Lisa

Colleen said...

Can't wait to see the new blog. Glad you're back.

Georgia said...

Yay!!! Although your kiddies do have awfully cute butts, I'm tired of seeing them everytime I stop by to see if you're back. So glad you are!!!

Kim M. said...

Welcome Back! Congrats on the Club Mom deal!! Can't wait to keep following you blog!!!