Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Pirate's Booty and Balls


You know if you have kids that they go crazy over Pirate's Booty. Well, my store has been out of stock for the last week or two, so I bought the product next to it, Pirate's Cannon Balls. It appeared to be the same thing, just larger. Probably, too large, as Ian won't eat them.

Anyway, since he won't eat them, someone had to, right? I was sitting on the couch eating them with the kids the other day when my husband walked downstairs.

Ian said, "Mommy's eating the Pirate's Balls!"

I said, "That's right..we're eating the balls.." Of course, I started laughing. It was just really funny..you had to be there.

So, now, they are affectionately known in this house as Pirate's Balls. Lovely.

How did that banana get there? They are a bit large for Ian, but perhaps a bit small for my taste. Did I just say that? Whoops.

***On a side note, my dad had prostate surgery yesterday and is recovering well. However, I thought it was hilarious when my mom was telling me about the surgery, and she said, "and Dr. so and so said this and that blah blah blah..." And I said, "wait...back up, what did you say the doctor's name was...?" His name is Dr. Stiff! Ha Ha Ha. Great name for urology...

9 comments:

Joannah said...

There's just something about that word, isn't there? Everytime I tell my students to stop 'bouncing' their 'balls' we all crack up. Sheesh!

Gen said...

I just love how you ended that post with your dad's prostate surgery...after all this talk about pirate's balls I think I might have to get me some pirate's booty 2nite ;)

Johnny said...

I think this is all a cock-n-bull story that's leaving us "dangling".

But as Steve Martin said in a movie, "It left me mentally......erect."

Kristin said...

i am glad to know i am not the only one with a beavis and butthead sensibility...

hope your dad recovers quickly!

rubyiscoming said...

All I can think of with this post is the infamous "Schweaty Balls" skit on SNL with Alec Baldwin saying "Please....you really must try my balls" and the 2 radio chicks going, "Oh my! Your balls are so moist, they just pop in my mouth. I love to put my lips around your balls" - good ol' Sat Nite Live....ah, yes, those were the days.

Karen and Jon said...

Hee Hee - you said balls :)
I am hoping your Dad has a quick and complete recovery.

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha! Dr. Stiff!! (*snort*)
a month ago I took my son to the doctor. She sent us to the pharamacist in the building for some medicine. I had never been there before. You won't believe it but the pharmacist's name is:
Seymore Weiner.
I swear.

Tammy said...

What's the trick for keeping a straight face in front of a Urologist (assuming that's his specialty) named Dr. Stiff. How much ridicule does he probably get in a day? Too funny!

I'm gonna have to try the pirates balls - Ahoy there matey!

Tammy

Kim M. said...

Okay it's in the air. My son's new favorite thing to say is "Mom I got hit in the nuts" He finds any reason to say it. Spring fever and Penis on the brain, that's what I think!

Hope your Dad is okay!