Friday, May 05, 2006

Chugging Along..

I have actually starting working out again this week. Finally! It's Nino's fault. She made me feel guilty by emailing me last week about what marathons I have ran, and I finally relented....huffing and puffing three miles at a time running on the treadmill four times this week. At least it's something! And I feel a little better, too.

But, then, as I listen to my Ipod, I stare at some of the 30 and 40 somethings in their workout wear...and some of them look great, believe me..I'm jealous. But others? Well, others still insist on wearing the unforgivable spandex fabric blend that doesn't even look good if you are in the best of shape of your life (unless you are in the minority .001%). Ladies...please...there are so many other options!

Finally, does anyone have any good recommendations for songs to download? I need some good "angry" songs. I am dealing with some anger/sadness issues now, and angry songs are good to work out to to get some of the aggression out. Regardless, I also like to hear what others listen to to inspire them....I have pretty ecclectic taste.

11 comments:

M3 said...

Good for you - 3 miles a pop!!!!

Angriest songs I know - Nine Inch Nails (Pretty Hate Machine cd). They got me through many a breakup...

atomic mama said...

Try Atari Teenage Riot. Trust me. They're German digital hardcore/techno from Berlin. "Burn, Berlin, Burn" is a great album. I saw them live in Lawrence, KS:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/
B000001X3G/102-9630870-7482503?v=
glance&n=5174

Listen to "Delete Yourself" and "Sick to Death"... if that ain't angry...

xo,
atomic mama

Michelle said...

I love Alanis Morrisette's "You Oughta Know". Talk about an angry song! I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. It seems to be going around. Working out is a good way to get some of those feelings out.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Gracencameronsmomy said...

Let's see...angry songs. I'll have to check Scott's Ipod...I never knew he had "anger Issues" until I listened to his ipod! I am sorry you are having a hard time...Call me if you want!
Lisa

rubyiscoming said...

Ooooh, I love working out to angry music!

I'm with M3, Nine Inch Nails, any Courtney Love or Hole, some Garbage songs, maybe Veruca Salt? Or Orgy's cover of Blue Monday?

Mrs Pushy said...

You are inspiring me to get in shape- I know my dog would appreciate running with me at the very least! NIN, always a good angry choice. I was also thinking Linkin Park, Queens of the Stone Age (No One Knows),and System of a Down.

You'll have to excuse me, as I listen to everything and love music, but Im going to switch gears. I've always enjoyed Destinys Child "Survivor" when I'm pissed off. It's basically a fuck you-Im gonna live thru this and be better for it song.

Kristin said...

"Used to Love Her" by Guns and Roses

"EMI" by the Sex Pistols

"Not Pretty Enough" Kasey Chambers

3 miles? I may have to hate you.

LindaJ said...

When I wakeboard I love to listen to angry music, makes me feel like some wakebaording bad-ass.....
Limp Bizkit My way, and rollin'
Kid Rock You never met a M/F like me.Pretty much anything Kid Rock or Pantera, Metallica....The list goes on...But in the same cd collection I have Neil Diamond, Justin Timberlake, Eagles, Nelly, Jack Johnson, Barry Manillow.....Scary huh?

Kelley said...

Love the tag line of your blog and the guest posting you started.
Thanks!

Georgia said...

I just started running again (again), too!! And three miles is my distance of choice. I've commited to a 1/2 marathon in the fall and since this adoption thingie is so damn slow I'm thinking about the Disney marathon in January. I haven't told anyone yet, so I can back out, but we'll see how it goes.

My all time favorite angry song for running is "Stupify" by Disturbed. Lots of anger, lots of dirty words. Fun fun fun.

Also: "Cowboy" by Kid Rock "RPM" by Sugar Ray. Oh, and don't forget Prodigy. "Firestarter" or "Breathe"

Work it out, Girl!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous running music: Garbage's first two CDs. They make me feel like a fleet-footed goddess. Also, Poe's "Haunted", some Depeche Mode remixes, Missy Elliott, Kanye West, the Smithereens, Chemical Brothers, Madness, and, obviously, "Like a Prayer." "Police on My Back" by the Clash always makes me run faster. Also, if you use itunes you can look up other people's running imixes.